It was a whole series of Record Breakers this week …
1) The youngest participant in a session = just 2 years old
2) The most participants in one session – a grandma, an auntie and two adorable children = 4 ‘arty farty’ participants
3) The most sessions on one day = 3
4) The most visitors/participants in one day = 8
5) The first time that Monty Don, of Gardeners World fame, has appeared on a T-shirt leaving The ThreadShed Fresh East
A great day – I loved it all and I really hope that there will be more record Breakers to come – after all “dedication, dedication, dedication is what you need.”
Recently The ThreadShed had it’s very first workshop visitor, booked through AirBnB Experiences. These experiences are a chance to do something different from the norm when you are travelling, and The ThreadShed is on there offering a few different experiences.
The very lovely Kate, who was holidaying in the area, spent a happy Saturday morning with me in The ThreadShed on an ‘Arty Farty Make Your Own Skirt’ workshop. Kate, who had very little sewing experience, learnt how to make a half circle skirt without using a sewing pattern. She inserted her first zipper, stitched her first button hole, attached her first waistband, and finished her very first garment.
I forgot to take a photo of the skirt at the end of the workshop and so Kate very kindly sent me a photo to share. She also gave the workshop some very positive feedback which I was blinkin’ chuffed to bits with.
Kate now is the proud owner of a stunning half circle skirt made by herself in a wonderful, unusual true vintage fabric. Kate’s skirt is an absolutely unique and beautiful item of clothing, with a story attached, and a memory of a holiday in Pembrokeshire.
What do you think?