Sometimes a fabric calls my name and this beautiful blue poly-cotton, with a vintage sewing machine print, shouted ‘buy me buy me’ very loudly indeed. A lovely customer in the ThreadShed last summer made a half circle skirt out of the fabric initially but there was plenty left for this gorgeous sash blouse just for me. I used a New Look pattern which was a fairly simple pattern to follow and one I would definitely recommend to any newish sewist. The pattern is multi sized from size 10-20 so if anyone would like to book into The ThreadShed and make a similar blouse under my expert support and guidance then just drop me a message!
I’ve been busily stitching up some festive skirts in gorgeous vintage fabric.
I have 5 available … in a mixture of sizes such as 14-16, 16-18 and 18-20 (ish) at £20 each and they come with a tie headband and their own dust bag for safe storage outside the festivities.
They really are beautiful and so very flattering too as the fullness is at the bottom and there is no bulk around the middle.
￼Every lovely lady needs a festive skirt surely? To purchase just drop me a message … ￼
1. Bold Xmas print in reds and greens and a gorgeous heavy true vintage fabric – waist 35” and length 24” (14-16)
2. Bold Xmas print in gorgeous heavy true vintage fabric – waist 39” and length 27” (18-20)
3. Beautiful red green and gold true vintage Santa fabric – waist 39” and length 25” (18-20ish)
4. Stunning green true vintage fabric of golden bells and red/green holly – waist 38” and length 26” (16-18ish)
5. Gorgeous red true vintage fabric with golden bells and red/green holly – waist 38” and length 25”(16-18ish)